Jerry M. Jewell ruined my basement in Westminster, CO. Jerry was hired to remove the drywall in two bedrooms, a hallway, and bathroom for the purpose of an inspection by the City of Westminster. Jerry's inferior work was so shoddy it's shameful. A licensed general contractor was hired to inspect Jerry's work and what follows is from his inspection report.
"Corners in every room were either not textured or textured inconsistently. There were areas in each room where the drywall itself was not flat and smooth and appeared to be fastened poorly. Seams were visible in the ceiling and walls of every room. Outlet covers, light switch covers, smoke detectors and light fixtures were left in place when the drywall texture was applied, covering them with over spray. Base and door trim also had over spray and drywall "mud" overlap. The window in bedroom #1 was not wrapped at the top with drywall creating a gap between the window and wall framing. The top of the closet opening in bedroom #2 had no drywall at all, and the texturing was not completed. Trim throughout the basement was installed poorly, either crooked or with very poor joints and corners. The texturing throughout the basement was inconsistent, blotchy, smeared, too heavy or missing. The entire job is an example of the worst drywall installation and texture I have ever seen."
Jerry M. Jewell's workmanship was so substandard that I had to hire another contractor to remove, reinstall, and refinish all of the drywall in the entire basement at a cost of over $12,000. I requested a refund of the money I paid Jerry M. Jewell but he filed bankruptcy to avoid this debt and the debt of 17 other clients that he ripped off. This man lacks skill and more importantly, he lacks character and integrity. You would be well advised to steer clear of him or his company, Jewell Custom Carpentry Inc.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Basement Renovation
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Variety of problems but main one is that they were missing parts and refuse to supply.. Notified them on day of delivery that vent missing, took months to finally get..."
- "***, don't buy. bought a 25x50 "on sale" of course, cause all their bldgs seem to be cancellations or on some sort of bargain. was forced to buy their plans..."
- "The Pulte home I purchased has serious water problems. Whenever it rains (or snows), the sump pump works continuously to pump water out of my basement. The volume..."
- "I too have been treated poorly by Aliexpress.com. They do not have a "expert" customer service team, they have a bunch of people who can barely speak English helping..."
- "I wish I had read these reviews before ordering from them. I do NOT think they're posted by competitors - I believe they're real people (like me) who have..."
- "Went to try Jack in the Box at Ala Moana shopping center, Honolulu, for the first time. Prices advertise inside restaurant boards where lower than prices charged on receipt...."
- "Unpacked my purchases. Put the packet on my dresser along with other items in the bag. Later came back to put purchases away. The packet was stuck to my dresser...."
- "I started with 30 boxes of the Tarkett coco berry flooring. I was to be covering approximately 500 square foot, upon opening I noticed a lot of..."
- "I have had a terrible experience with light in the box! I paid (Oct. 12) for item with express expedited shipping (3-4 business days) (1-3 days for processing). I have..."